Monday, November 12, 2007

More from Peterson...

So Peterson is talking about how we recognize the resurrected Christ at work in the world... and mentions that the poor (those on the edges of society) recognized Christ - they got it, right away (in contrast to the elite and religious who clearly didn't get it). He says this:
"Given the importance that we, in our society, give to celebrity endorsements, this means that we need to pay serious attention to other voices. The men and women who are going to be most valuable to us in cultivating fear-of-the-Lord wonder are most likely going to be people on the edge of respectability: the poor, minorities, the suffering and rejected, poets and children."

I'm not sure about you - but I want to make sure my friend list is full of the likes of those that will help me capture the ressurected wonder of Christ! I'm praying for friends in 'low' places.

No comments: