Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Zealand alive with Passion for Jesus!

Just back from new Zealand. While there I was able to participate in the JUST Action conference (social justice focused - holy spirit inspired) and the Freedom Congress - celebrating 125 years since the start of the SA in new Zealand.. the army was launched there by a 20 and 19 year old - David collinson take note... and is still going strong!
People were saved, sanctified and filled with holy passion to change the world! I can't wait to see more and more pace setting by the Kiwi's.
I remember reading the website of the new Zealand Salvation Army when they stated their two objectives were:
1. to eradicate poverty
2. to live simply

those are related - and I recall being PUMPED up that the NZ Salvation army had the boldness to say it outloud. Campbell Roberts is a legend! What a joy to be among those rowdy salvationists... infectious joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pleased that you enjoyed congress here in New Zealand. My wife was able to attend but I wasn't as I was home looking after the kids.

You are right about Campbell Roberts. He is an excellent Officer.

MY wife returned last night and said that Congress was really good. I listened with interest as she shared what had happened.