Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Partnership


I was running today (a long one) with my running partner and I was thinking about how much longer and farther and more adventurous I am when we run together... this is true of many things. One is the loneliest number... accountability, friendship, risk, follow-through.. it's all easier when we do things together. Independance, although celebrated in culture as something everything should have more of... I'm not so sure. I've been on a journey of celebrating community for many years - and it seems it takes that long to get rugged individualism out of me... I'm convinced that we are better together. I wonder how I can celebrate more of the shedding of culture...
another friend of mine decided to shed something new every month last year... it turned out to be a great year of freedom... more ideas for the new year.

No comments: